Academic Honesty Policy
ACADEMIC HONESTY POLICY
Cheating is simply defined as using the work or ideas of others as your own. Some examples of cheating include:
- Submitting internet data as your own original work.
- Copying from printed sources such as encyclopedias, magazines, and newspapers where no credit is given to the author of the article.
- Having others do your work for you and sharing your work with others.
- Unauthorized talking during a test situation.
- Using cheat sheets or unauthorized supplemental notes in test situations.
- Looking at others work.
- Copying homework assignments from another student.
The consequences for cheating are as follows:
1 st Offense: Zero on assignment, parent call & referral
2 nd Offense: All of the above including detentions & a Performance Contract
3 rd Offense: Suspension
4 th Offense: Meeting with the Assistant Principal